As we hold our breath here at ShipOnSite of Wake Forest
EXCERPT FROM http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/prepare/ready.php
Everyone needs to be prepared for the unexpected (ahum... Matthew). Your friends and family may not be together when disaster strikes. How will you find each other? Will you know if your children or parents are safe? You may have to evacuate or be confined to your home. What will you do if water, gas, electricity or phone services are shut off?
Develop and document plans for your specific risks.
- Protect yourself and family with a Family Emergency Plan - [PDF]
- Be sure to plan for locations away from home
- Business owners and site locations should create Workplace Plans
- Make sure schools and daycares have School Emergency Plans
- Pet owners should have plans to care for their animals. The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention offer information on animal health impacts in evacuation shelters.
- Prepare your boat and be aware of marine safety if you are on or near the water.
Share this post
- Tags: GiftsOnSite, Matthew, NChurricane, Shipping, simply southern tees retailers, SimplySouthern, Special Occasion, Wake Forest